Our class blog is an opportunity for us to publish some of our work and share what we have been learning. We get the chance to communicate with a range of people, in our school and in our community. We also communicate with people from all around the world.
For us to have a purposeful and safe blog we must remember the following guidelines:
Only use your first name when blogging.
- Anyone from around the world can see our blog through the Internet. It is important that you do not put your last name on the blog so strangers don’t know who you are.
Parents who use the blog should also only use their first names.
- Parents should only use their first names so they don’t accidentally identify their child in the blog.
NEVER give out any personal information.
- You should never give out information like where you live, email addresses or phone numbers.
All comments on the blog are approved before being published.
- All comments are screened before posting to make sure that there are no negative or inappropriate comments going onto the blog. If someone posts something that the teachers do not want others to see, we will not publish it to the blog.
Be friendly, helpful and polite.
- Only post comments that are positive and friendly. Never post anything that could upset someone who reads it. Start your comments with Dear… and end with Regards, or From…
Remember to do your best writing.
- Even though you are commenting on the Internet you still need to do your best writing. Remember to use capital letters and punctuation like full stops and commas. Don’t use text talk like m8, thanx or l8er and most of all check your writing before you post it. Remember everyone can read it so make it the best you can do!
Be aware of copyright.
- Remember you can’t just use anything from the Internet and call it your own. Make sure you only use copyright free images, songs or text.
Have fun and share, share, share!!!
- Enjoy reading our blog and making comments/posts. Don’t let the guidelines stop you from commenting!